4.5 Yay for helping renew my love for fantasy novels! Another book I truly enjoyed. Fiction, fantasy, magical realism, whatever you’d like to call it, The Gracekeepers is a great dystopian novel. I liked it better than The Night Circus, which I liked very, very much. I love the author’s writing style, her descriptions of the two main societies left on earth are detailed and dreamlike.
While the book provides a great escape, there are a few holes in the story. For example:
- Why are the two societies split and pitted against one another?
- How did certain mutations come about?
- There are others, but I’m keeping this review spoiler free.
Are we left in a questioning state because that is the way of mythology/folklore? It is what it is because that’s just the way it is. Also, the ending seemed a bit rushed and didn’t have the same rhythm as the rest of the story.
- It’s a beautifully interesting post-apocalyptic tale.
- The author’s writing style is melodic.
- The main two characters were developed admirably.
All in all I highly enjoyed getting lost in this story and definitely recommend it!
Disclaimer – I received a copy of this ebook via Netgalley in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed are my own.